Monday, December 3, 2007

Free Flowing: A Sharing of the Heart

Being someone that has been an active participant as well as someone that has sat on the sidelines witnessing what occurs, I've seen beautiful things come together within community musical sharing groups that are almost difficult to put into words and is something that almost needs to be felt as a personal experience.

What I do know and can say at this point is that it seems that in the moment music making brings out a precious and mysterious quality and essence. I wonder if I might be a mess if I didn't have the music, dancing, drumming outlet available on a consistent basis for myself. And for me just being able to 'get out of my head' has been such a relief & necessary part of keeping my balance & peace in times of stress & responsiblities on so many levels.

There is no need for head thinking here. It is all a free flowing in the moment space. Never quite knowing what to expect and what will show up, there have been times that I have been in awe. I am happy to have my expectations blown apart.
And just when I think it's the best, I've come to see that it can get even better.

I enjoy the in the moment playfulness that happens. Everyone is there, in thier own space but in the space together too. And they are not anywhere else in thier minds, just right there together to create, to play, to express, to be creative and without any effort. This sort of energy seems to transcend all the other stuff, and quite quickly. I so honor and respect this place to see this happening and to be a part of it's experience.

It's also cool what I have noticed with the time, it does seem to fly. Just like the saying goes... "time flys when you are having fun." This does seem to be the case.

What I've realized again being in The Magical Mystical Muse, is how amazingly profound the opportunity is when an individual or commmunity is in a space of safety, love, support, creativity, spirituality and nurturance... it allows like a launchpad for sweet things to open up and come forth. It is of innocent, healing & inspirational quality. So very essential, especially in our current times. It is something that I wish I could experience in my everyday life. Once you have felt it, you will know what I mean, and to those that have, I'm sure they would agree.

Being in-sync, in-the moment, in-tune in some unspoken way, is so very powerful.

Cheri Shanti has so graciously helped facilitate this to bring together what is somewhat mystical & magical in nature. I think anyone desiring such an element in their soul would appreciate the time & essence of The Muse. It helps to bring forth some awesome stuff that might otherwise not get tapped into... I think it is connected to our higher & ligher beings.

I would also say that it is as if we are able to break through this thick fog of our daily mundane world and trancend to a higher playing field - so to speak.
I feel so many people don't have an outlet that they can safely co-creatively express themselves, that it, very unfortunately, gets bottled up inside and perhaps for a lifetime... Yikes.

I have a dream that one day this stuff will be happening all over.

Jenny Sustello, Boulder, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Please visit regularly and share your stories!