Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wild Woman Sharings from Sofiah Thom

It’s important with any practice that we allow ourselves to let go of our thoughts and emotions, so we can be an open channel for our authentic expression. In the beginning when I am paddling, my thoughts are more active, once I allow myself to move through the monkey mind, there lies a stillness underneath. The gentle rocking of the Ocean helps magnify the stillness within.

I surrender to the great life force and I am moved, through sound, breath and inner vibration, I float on my paddle board and become one with this great life force that is me.

I am reminded how important it is to create the space in our daily lives to connect to our inner selves, to let go of the monkey mind and be at peace with who we are deep within.

I feel this is relative to our retreat coming up in February, Awaken the Wild Woman Within, for me, this retreat is about allowing ourselves the space to express our authentic selves at all times. Before we can be an open channel of pure consciousness, we must accept all of aspects of ourselves, including the ugly parts we may have repressed, it is time to free up the emotions, allowing them to release.

We are perfect as we are, we all possess a primal, instinctive, powerful nature which wants to be seen and heard, in order to be whole and happy as we walk through our lives, we must accept and express all of our parts of our inner nature.

I hope you can join us tapping into our power and expression, connecting with our raw passion and authenticity as we Awaken the Wild Woman Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Please visit regularly and share your stories!