Thursday, November 1, 2007

Deep Medicine Muse

I know I'm home here.

My hands lightly dancing across skin strung across a barrel of wood.
My feet move seamlessly in time to the Pulse of Life flowing thru the room.
My voice is carrying the song of my life today, amazement, tiredness, joy and frustration all embodied in the depth of my soul's sharing.

And around me bodies are moving, rattles are pulsing, other voices are singing their truths and the Muse is most definitly ON! One woman is whispering quietly to herself, praying thru tears, another woman, sitting behind me is playing a djembe with passion and power, a man I've shared many circles with plays his saxaphone like some ailing creature lost in the wild, and somehow, in the midst of this, I am home.

Somehow it is more than just an experience, more than just music making, it is Deep Medicine for my very being. Here I can be the real me, fully and with no social constraints on what is "cool" or "acceptable" or even "normal." And even better, I get to share that with others, I get to be witnessed, but even more, I get to witness my community deeply thru their songs, their dance, their stories, their dialogue or monologue. So, here I am home.

I can feel their songs in my bones, as I feel my own and together the sounds weave into a surreal kaleidoscopic soundscape of the experience we call LIFE. Intentionally we offered our vessels this night as portals for the cleansing of all and the song of one is the song of many who have yet to find their voices.

Frustration, fear, laughter, gratitude, awe, love, anger, tiredness and confusion.. it's all RIGHT HERE, in this room with me as I am bent over my drums, my hair creating a veil for me on this night of veils parting, my feet dancing, my fingers lightly creating sweet deep grooves with my heart.

Being one with this experience is being one with life.

At the end of the night, the silence, the stillness, is tangible, thick and no one wants to break it. We've shared stories, belly laughter, danced, drummed, counseled each other and consoled each other thru prose and poetry in magical honest dialogue, arm in arm circling the candles we call fire. And we know each other in a more real way, we felt each other's fears, rejoiced together at our victories and laughed at our ridiculous minds, screamed at time together for the illusion it's created...

Deep Medicine Muse... No where else I'd have rather been on this night when the Veil is Thin...

Gratitude for the True Mystic Musers on this Night of Nights...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Please visit regularly and share your stories!