Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes We Can... Barrak Obama New President

Tears of joy on the faces of so many people last night with the sweeping victory of Barrak Obama! I shared the tears of joy and hope watching the new first family on stage, and my heart was so touched to see skin of all colors embracing in front of the world. Seeing the call to union and peace prevailing over the color of the skin or differing backgrounds.. my heart filled with hope and even more, with faith.

We now have a leader who has some connection with the people, who can inspire the masses to action and who represents something so much greater than just the presidency. We now have a voice, and an ear in a place of power.

So now when I wonder, Can we really shift the tides and start moving towards something greater than greed and rape and pillage consciousness.. my heart says..

Yes we can...

Can we now begin to act with personal responsibility and accountability on an individual and global level..

Yes we can...

Can we offer opportunity to all..

Yes we can..

I know he may not be as wonderful as he seems (or maybe, just maybe he really is), and I'm sure he will make mistakes and have many challenges.. but in my heart of hearts, he represents something noble. He inspired the people to act, to vote, to stand up, and be counted, and he has activated this country like no other president before.. I have faith in him, and I even like the guy to be honest... and his wife.

I give thanks for the new beginning and that maybe we will be able to finally pass on a better world to our children than the one we have now because we finally chose to get up, stand up, be counted, and try something new and different..

Yes we can build a better world... and it starts with YOU and ME...

Barrak said it well, the victory is OURS as much or more than his... we made a ripple in the pond...

Keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Please visit regularly and share your stories!